Firbush – 2016

A year ago, Jo took this photo.

It was chilly and cold but cosy for a reason I couldn’t tell. Few early birds were flying to start their daily journey, and water was moving so slow that it seemed to not have woken up yet. It was a bit foggy that you can’t see far, but you could clearly see the snow at the tip of the mountains, timidly covering them, is if it was kissing them, fearing to leave them as soon as the sun comes up.

I woke up early to watch the sunrise, as it was one of the things I’ve always wanted to do, to watch the sunrise at such sincere place, away from all the city noise.

I remember it well because it was one of the mornings when I got a chance to reflect on what I’m doing, to think about where I’m heading and why I’m doing everything I was doing. And the tea I was having was so good as well.

I was lucky to join Jo for tea that morning, didn’t expect anyone would wake up this early. But, she was there, even before me I guess. I managed to have a lovely chat that I’ll always remember.

I’m writing this now as a reminder to myself first, and to you all as well. Make your journey in Edinburgh a memorable one. Create as many memories as you can. Do as many new things as you can; volunteer; learn something new; do something different; start a new habit; etc. Try to never regret not doing something, to never regret missing a chance.

Also, most importantly, always assess yourself, think about how is everything is going until today, and what would you want to do differently with rest of your journey to come.

You won’t regret it, and you’d definitely be pleased with yourself once this is all over.
Because, for me, I’m definitely happy with my year in Edinburgh, and luckily, I don’t regret something I didn’t do.

Photo credit for Jo for sure.
Best tea companion I could ask for in such beautiful place.